FIXING THE SMALL HOME PROBLEMS TO AVOID THE BIG ISSUES
Your house consists of many exterior systems that all work together to keep the outdoor elements away from the inside comfort of your home. If any of these systems become damaged, they can lead to leaking roofs, moldy drywall, drafty windows, and other bigger problems. Getting timely repair and maintenance services allows you to tackle these problems efficiently to avoid a much larger or costlier issue, keeping your home in the best shape to protect you and the ones you love.
Overmyer Roofing & Siding offers repair and maintenance services tailored to your home’s architectural style. We listen to your overall needs, whether you require simple maintenance services such as new window caulking and flashing, or you need 24-hour emergency roofing repair services due to storm damage. Our workers combine your ideas and requirements with our professional craftsmanship and attention to detail to perform the maintenance work right the first time.
MOST COMMON REPAIRS
Our repair and maintenance services cover any new issues to your home as well as reoccurring problems that were not successfully repaired by previous companies. We will tackle any exterior home problem while ensuring that the worksite is completely mess-free from start to finish. The most common repair services that we provide include:
- Roof Pipe Boot Leak: Most commonly, we see this issue arise from a broken or split pipe gasket. This broken seal can become larger over time, allowing water to seep into the attic area. This water or dampness becomes a threat to your home’s insulation, drywall, and paint. By removing the original shingles and pipe boot, installing a new vent, and replacing the shingles, we restore the integrity of the seal, remove any damaged or potentially moldy materials, and ensure sure water flows where it should.
AVG cost for pipe boot replacement = $600
- Chimney Flashing Leak: Dry rotted or craked flashing material, which is used to connect the roof and chimney, can become weak and loose, opening up areas of the roof to potential damage. Over time, water damage can lead to structural weakening of the roof. We repair this by removing all current flashing material from the chimney area and removing nearby shingles. After inspecting for water damage and making repairs as needed, we install a weatherproof material to the roof deck to protect your home and then install new flashings as well as new trim into the masonry.
AVG Cost for chimney flashing replacement can range from $800-$1600 depending on the size of the chimney
- Skylight Leak: We’ve found that homeowners will often skip replacing skylights, even when getting a new roof installed. Old and damaged skylights can quickly lead to leaks and interior home damage. Skylight leaks are often a result of the weakening of one or two lower corners of the skylight seal and flashing. When damaged or weakened, water soaks into the structural wood deck and nearby insulation. This can lead to a weakening of your roof’s structural integrity. You might also notice staining on drywall or paint bubbling. With every roof installed by Overmyer Roofing, we recommend the installation of a new Velux leak-free skylight as well. To complete this repair, the existing skylight, flashing kit, and surrounding shingles around are removed. A new Velux skylight made custom for your roof is installed along with a new flashing kit and shingles to match your existing roof as close as possible.
AVG Cost for skylight replacement can range from $1,000-$2500 depending on skylight size
- Storm Damage: Extreme weather events can damage your roof or weaken its integrity. We provide emergency service shortly after an extreme weather event has passed.
Common storm damage ranges from:
- Blown off shingles
- Impact by objects hitting the rooftop, most commonly trees and branches
Experiencing these storm-related damages could leave your home’s roof underlayment exposed to the elements and increases the potential for further damage to the home’s structural integrity and function. Our solution to bring homeowners peace of mind during this hectic time is to offer temporary emergency tarping to any areas on the roof affected by the storm. After inspecting and documenting the roof damage, we’ll seal the roof until an insurance company can help provide solutions for the completion of the repair. Most tarping services are covered by the insurance provider.
AVG Cost for Emergency Tarping $800-$1,000
Contact us to get a quote for your repair.
LET OVERMYER ROOFING & SIDING MAINTAIN YOUR BEAUTIFUL HOME
Your home is your pride and joy. It should be maintained to your highest standards. With Overmyer Construction, we perform all repairs and maintenance to keep your home safe and dry throughout the year. Contact us today for a quote.